- Maintain Import status updates on all incoming shipments in company’s data base on a daily basis for all assigned regions.
- Successfully perform the Customs Entry and FDA process into company ABI system as needed.
- Liaison with Customs Brokers as necessary regarding the status of shipments.
- Responsible for the proper and timely delivery of all shipments.
- Responsible for the disposition of incoming containers to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of containers into cold storage striving always to avoid the occurrence added expense such as demurrage and detention.
- Help maintain supply chain security by observing company initiatives and by immediately bringing any security anomalies to management’s attention.
- Read and understand company policies regarding C-TPAT and requirements of foreign vendors.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3+ years’ experience in customs brokerage, freight forwarding, international transportation, or a related field
- Experience in dealing with U.S. Customs and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Familiarity with Editrade customs entry filing software
- Solid understanding of international freight terms and concepts, especially those related to containerized shipping and refrigerated cargo
- Familiarity with basic documents used in international transportation, including bills of lading, commercial invoices and packing lists, and licenses, permits, and certifications
- Familiarity with local port and inland container drayage
- Familiarity with basic types of commercial seafood, including finfish, shrimp, crab & squid
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, busy office environment, able to communicate with a wide variety of personality types
- Basic office skills, with at least 1 year of general business office experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Proven fast, accurate data entry skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Bachelor’s degree required