We are looking to fill the role of a QA Specialist position at our corporate headquarters in Seattle, WA. Reporting to the QA Manager, the main responsibilities for this role will be to ensure Aqua Star food safety and quality systems are adhered to in the sourcing, production, storage, and delivery of product to our customers, and to provide support to the Quality Assurance department.
- Help ensure quality standards and company compliance to food safety and sustainability programs
- Responsible for updating branded/private label product specifications and compliance documentation
- Using nutritional labeling software to generate Nutrition Facts Panels for USA and Canada.
- Assisting in team reviews of labeling for regulatory compliance.
- Assist with coordination and general communication with vendors, procurement, and management on quality, and compliance issues
- Assist Quality Assurance department in complying with government regulations
- Responsible for consumer feedback across multiple communication channels and the generation of trend analysis reports
- Responsible for updating vendor documentation annually to ensure compliance with Aqua Star standards
- Performing quality evaluation and chemical analysis on various products and sending out samples for third party testing
Experience & Skills:
- 0 – 1 years’ experience in a perishable food environment
- Basic laboratory skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Dynamics, FileMaker Pro, Genesis R&D, SQL)
- BS in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or Industrial Management/Technology