DescriptionDelectable crab and shrimp in a crunchy coating; crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle. A melt in your mouth appetizer.
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Bread & Butter pickles, chopped plus 2 Tbsp pickle juice
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
Crab & Shrimp Bites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 slices white bread, crust removed
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb Aqua Star Pasteurized Blue Swimming Crab Lump Meat, well drained (any grade will do if lump is not available)
- 1 lb Aqua Star 61/70 ct/lb Cooked Shrimp (peeled, tails removed), diced
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
InstructionsTo make the tartar sauce, in a medium bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the egg yolks, heavy whipping cream and white bread into a creamy paste. Mix in the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, shallots, garlic, and ¼ cup of panko breadcrumbs. Gently fold in the crab meat and shrimp, taking care not to break up the crab meat. If the mixture appears too loose, fold in more panko breadcrumbs.
In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs with the Cajun seasoning.
Using a small ice cream scoop, shape the crab and shrimp mixture into golf ball sized bites. Place each ball into the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring they are fully coated, transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake crab and shrimp bites until the coating is golden brown, 6—8 minutes. Serve with the tartar sauce and enjoy!