DescriptionSpicy, hearty, and incredibly flavorful, jambalaya has complex flavors inspired from around the world—Spanish, West African, and French to name a few. Comforting, fulfilling, and chock full of shrimp, Andouille sausage, chicken, and vegetables.
Raw Peeled Tail-Off Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp green bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 1 lb Aqua Star Raw Shrimp, Peeled, Tail-Off, thawed according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup chicken breast meat, diced
- ½ cup Andouille sausage, cut in ½” slices
- 1 – 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp okra, cut in ½” slices (can use frozen if fresh not available)
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp thyme leaves, whole
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
InstructionsHeat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, and garlic. Sauté for 3—4 minutes stirring often to prevent burning. Add rice, cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly. Add shrimp, chicken, and sausage, cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, okra, and all remaining ingredients. Stir together and bring to a boil; turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 10—15 minutes, until rice is cooked.
Remove from heat and stir to mix. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Serve and enjoy!