Seattle – April, 2020 – Let’s face it. The way we are approaching mealtime and shopping has changed, for some of us literally overnight. Everyone is now looking to stock up on quick meal solutions that make it easy to get three meals a day on the table. Aqua Star’s latest answer was just released today: a new line of chef-designed seafood bowls that are microwaveable.
Combining premium ingredients, delicious flavors, and wholesome recipes, MicroSteam® Seafood Bowls go from the freezer, to the microwave to the table in 5 minutes or less. These restaurant-quality meals are conveniently packed in microwaveable bowls and can be easily stored in the freezer. They are a perfect solution for a quick lunch or light dinner at a time when many Americans prefer to cook at home or find themselves staying at home.
MicroSteam® Seafood Bowls by Aqua Star combine sustainable shrimp, pollock, or salmon certified by Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) or the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC). These healthy proteins are partnered with a variety of vegetables and on-trend ingredients and spices, and served over pasta, rice, or that American specialty, grits.
Aqua Star’s innovative and proprietary MicroSteam® takes the fear out of microwaving seafood. Made exclusively for use in the microwave, MicroSteam® film locks in steam to cook food evenly with absolutely no ‘fishy’ odor. Seafood skeptics will be instantly converted.
“Our MicroSteam® Seafood Bowls are a great solution for those looking for something a little more inspired than usual,” said Aqua Star President & CEO, Dirk Leuenberger. “We’ve created a product line that people can stock up on and have on-hand when working from home with a house full of family. At the same time, we wanted something that gave people a bit of joy and comfort, as well as a healthy meal. Whether for lunch or a light dinner, our MicroSteam® Bowls are a delicious, healthy, easy-prep solution that’s ready for you whenever and wherever you find yourself.”
Available in six flavors, Aqua Star’s MicroSteam® Seafood Bowls are 8-ounces each for a healthy portion and have an SRP of 5.99. The flavors include:
- Shrimp Scampi with sustainably sourced shrimp, linguine pasta, carrots, scampi sauce, and parmesan cheese
- Shrimp Ramen with sustainably sourced shrimp, ramen noodles, carrots, bok choy, and green onions in an authentic Japanese-style broth
- Shrimp Pad Thai with sustainably sourced shrimp, rice noodles, bean sprouts, egg, green onions, peanuts, and an authentic pad thai sauce (GF)
- Shrimp & Grits with sustainably sourced shrimp, smoky gouda cheese grits, bacon, poblano peppers, and Cajun-style sauce
- Salmon Teriyaki with sustainably sourced Atlantic salmon, brown rice, carrots, onions, edamame, and ginger teriyaki sauce (GF)
- Sesame Ginger Wild Alaskan Pollock with wild-caught and sustainable Alaskan Pollock, brown rice, broccoli florets, red bell pepper, onion, and sesame ginger sauce (GF)
Note: (GF) indicates gluten-free options.
Aqua Star’s MicroSteam® Seafood Bowls are the second offering in Aqua Star’s MicroSteam® line. The company’s first, MicroSteam® Meals, were launched in March 2020.
Aqua Star’s MicroSteam® Seafood Bowls are available nationwide at Amazon Fresh, Safeway, Supervalu, Giant Eagle, Giant Food, Acme Markets, Woodman’s Market, Harmons Grocery, Food 4 Less, Roth’s Fresh Markets, Red Apple Markets, and various independent retailers. For more information, visit www.aquastar.com.