Seattle – September, 2019 – The tyranny of fresh subscription meal kits is almost over. They were supposed to make cooking fun again. Instead, they’re expensive, excessively packaged, and if you don’t eat them tonight because your plans for the evening have changed, they go bad. A massive waste of packaging, money and, yes, food hits the garbage.
It’s time to let it go and fall in love with frozen meal kits. Today, Aqua Star announced the launch of CUTTING BOARD Meal Kits. Available in ten flavor-forward, chef-inspired meals, the kits feature on-trend ingredients, international recipes, and easy preparation. Best of all, they can be picked up on any grocery store run and kept in the freezer until you’re ready to make them.
“Our new CUTTING BOARD Meal Kits are designed to please every palate,” says Aqua Star President & CEO, Dirk Leuenberger. “Consumers shouldn’t be controlled by a subscription schedule. Our frozen meal kits are fresher than fresh, always ready to cook, budget sensitive, and our new recipes will deliver a great culinary experience right to the kitchen table. They allow families to make a delicious wholesome meal at their convenience, without spoilage or excessive waste. And what’s more – they’re fun to make without making a big mess of your kitchen!”
Aqua Star’s new frozen kits offer a premium meal with minimal preparation and combined cleanup in 30 minutes or less. Each kit features all the ingredients needed for a full meal and comes pre-portioned, meaning less food waste. They also come in minimal and recyclable packaging.
The launch of the new meal kits comes as consumers are returning to the frozen food aisle. A recent study by the NPD Group noted that the purchase of frozen meals has increased sharply over the past decade. The study pointed out that frozen foods are more convenient, more affordable, and less wasteful. NPD is one of the world’s largest consumer market research companies and conducts daily tracking of U.S. consumers’ eating behaviors.
Aqua Star has taken frozen meal kits to a new culinary peak, while focusing on healthy dishes. The company’s ten Cutting Board options achieve restaurant-quality flavors through the inclusion of exotic recipes and ingredients like harissa, lemongrass, adobo chilies, and galangal.
Healthy fish like salmon, rockfish, cod and tilapia are featured in five dishes and shrimp, the country’s most popular seafood, is featured in three. Aqua Star’s CUTTING BOARD Meal Kits also include gluten-free and pork and chicken options.
Each kit contains 2 servings and has a suggested retail price of $12.99. Options include:
- Cuban-Style Wild Rockfish over Seasoned Rice with Mango Salsa (GF)
- Moroccan-Style Wild Salmon with Harissa-Spiced Cauliflower Rice and Sweet Potatoes (GF)
- Crispy Fish Street Tacos with Tortillas, Poblano Peppers, Onions and Cilantro Pesto
- Southwest Chili-Lime Tilapia with Chili-Lime Brown Rice, Vegetables and Tomato Crema Sauce (GF)
- Honey Walnut Battered Shrimp with Broccoli Florets, Walnuts and White Rice
- Chipotle Shrimp Street Tacos with Tortillas, Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Corn, and Creamy Ancho Chilli Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Shrimp Flatbread with Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Onion, and Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
- Lemon Oregano Wild Alaskan Cod with Orzo, Roasted Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and Tomato
- Sweet & Spicy BBQ Chicken Flatbread with Bacon, Pineapple, Onion and Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
- Pork Carnitas Street Tacos with Tortillas, Poblano Peppers and Onions, and Cilantro Pesto