DescriptionTRANSPORT YOURSELF TO AN ENGLISH PUB! Tender white fish in a crispy golden beer-batter, a side of fries and a savory Herb Remoulade.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
Fish Fry Ingredients:
- 1 lb Aqua Star Tilapia Fillets, thawed, or your favorite white fish
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (for the batter)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 oz light beer (recommend a lager, but any light beer can be used)
InstructionsTo prepare the Herb Remoulade , combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. Lightly season fish with salt.
For the batter, mix the flour, salt, and beer in a large bowl. The batter consistency should be thin, just enough to coat a spoon, otherwise the fish will be heavy and soggy.
In a large skillet add 2 inches of oil and heat to 375° F. Dredge the fish in the remaining flour, shaking off any excess. One by one, dip the fish into the batter, coating all sides. Allow for some of the excess batter to drip off, before gently placing the fish in the oil, taking care not to splash as oil will be extremely hot. Ensure fish have plenty of room in the oil to avoid sticking together.
Fry both sides of fish for 2—4 minutes. Fish is finished when the color of the batter is a nice golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel or cooling rack. Serve with the Herb Remoulade and enjoy!