DescriptionDecadent and creamy crab filling in delicate, crispy phyllo cups. An easy bite-size gourmet appetizer that is also SO beautiful when served. A wonderful addition to your next gathering.
- 1 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- ½ shallot, minced
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 strip of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups Aqua Star Premium Lump Blue Swimming Crab Meat, well drained
- 2 packages phyllo shells
InstructionsPreheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat, add shallots and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, and lemon juice and mix until well combined. Stir in bacon, Parmesan cheese, chives, parsley, sautéd shallots and panko breadcrumbs. Fold in crab and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Place phyllo cups on a baking sheet and fill with crab filling. Bake until tops begin to brown, 12—15 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with chives.