DescriptionA festive and flavorful salad topped with garlic brown butter Wild Patagonian Pink™ Shrimp and a raspberry vinaigrette.
- 2 Tbsp raspberry wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raspberry juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (2 lb) bag Aqua Star Wild Patagonian Pink™ Raw Shrimp (13/15 or 16/20 ct/lb), shells and tails removed, thawed according to package directions
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and toasted
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 (5 oz) mesclun greens
- ¼ Walla Walla onion, julienned
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup gorgonzola, crumbles
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
InstructionsTo make the Raspberry Vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Tip: when the oil and vinegar separate, re-whisk to maintain the smooth, creamy texture.
Preheat oven to 400°F. On a baking sheet, toss the hazelnuts and chickpeas in olive oil, salt and pepper and toast until slightly browned, 10—15 minutes; set aside to cool.
Prepare the quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
In a small skillet melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic until the butter turns slightly brown. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 2—3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, toss all salad ingredients together (except shrimp). Place on a large serving platter, top with shrimp and drizzle with the Raspberry Vinaigrette. Finish with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds for that extra festive touch.