DescriptionPremium seafood medley of calamari, in-shell mussels, shrimp, and scallops with soft and chewy Japanese udon noodles in a savory umami broth.
- 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp hondashi
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp sake
- 4 oz cabbage or bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 pack (approximately 5 oz) beech mushrooms
- 8 oz Aqua Star Pure & Natural™ Premium Seafood Medley, thawed according to package directions
- 1 lb udon noodles, parboiled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Dash of togarashi, garnish
InstructionsIn a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add hondashi, dried shiitakes, soy sauce, mirin, and sake. Reduce heat to medium and allow the broth to simmer for 1 minute. Add cabbage and cook for approximately 3 minutes, until cabbage is slightly soft. Add Seafood Medley and cook for an additional 3 minutes. When seafood is almost cooked through, add udon noodles and cook for approximately 2 minutes, or to your desired tenderness.
Remove from heat and divide into two bowls, garnishing with green onions and a dash of togarashi. Enjoy!