DescriptionCrispy and delicious Tempura Shrimp served with a puree of roasted red peppers, almonds and garlic. This nutty Spanish sauce is rich, tangy, smoky, creamy, and sweet, and a great way to liven up your next gathering.
- 1 – 10.2 oz box Aqua Star Tempura Shrimp
Romesco Dipping Sauce
- 1 – 16 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ cup raw or roasted almonds, unsalted
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
InstructionsBake Tempura Shrimp according to package directions.
While shrimp are baking, combine all ingredients except olive oil in a blender or food processor. Puree on low speed and increase slowly to high. Once ingredients are thoroughly blended, slowly add olive oil while blending until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
Drop a little sauce in the bottom of a shot glass and top with one Tempura Shrimp.