Cooking & preparation instructions
Thawing: Pierce bag and thaw overnight in bag in refrigerator, or place sealed bag under cold water until thawed.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM and place salmon on oiled grill skin-side down
- Grill whole fillet for 35 – 50 minutes from frozen or 25 – 30 minutes from thawed
- Grill 1 – 2 portions for 15 – 20 minutes from frozen or 10 – 15 minutes from thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and place salmon on a non-stick baking sheet skin-side down
- Bake whole fillet for 35 – 40 minutes from frozen or 25 – 30 minutes from thawed
- Bake 1 – 2 portions for 15 – 20 minutes from frozen or 10 – 15 minutes from thawed
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to MEDIUM heat, add 1 – 2 tsp of olive oil and place salmon portions skin-side down
- Sauté 1 – 2 portions from thawed for 8 – 10 minutes, turning halfway through
Microwave (1100 Watt):
- Place salmon portions in a covered microwave safe dish and heat at 70% power
- Heat 1 – 2 portions from frozen for 5 – 6 minutes or 3 – 5 minutes from thawed
Since appliances vary, these instructions are guidelines only.
Keep frozen until ready to use. Once thawed, do not refreeze. Store thawed salmon in the refrigerator and use within two days. Although great care has been taken to remove all bones, some may remain. Salmon is cooked when it appears opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- 1.25 lb
- 1-3 lb